Homework WK 8


TV Habits

                My TV watching habits have indeed changed a lot over the years, when I was a kid it would put me to sleep every night, couldn’t sleep without it. But then as time passed everything started moving towards the internet and the TV slowly became irrelevant to me except when watching movies with my folks. Now I only watch it when my parents sit down to watch a movie and relax after a hard days work. When it comes to watching shows I rarely watch them with anyone because I can’t wait for schedules to sync up but I have to admit that watching them with someone is almost always more entertaining. I always end up waiting till the complete season of the show is out or the entirety of the show is out, never watching episodes as they get released, too much anticipation. Watching TV in the sense of watching anything that is currently on is nonexistent in my habits, only downloading pirated movies and shows and watching them either alone or with someone.

Mad Men

                The show Mad Men depicts women as the classic submissive gender and men as the dominant one in the 60’. While most of us have moved past this type of mentality the truth is that some are still stuck in the past. Assigning gender roles is still a thing that happens but mostly among the older generations. There is still the assumption that women must be the ones who listen and that they need to regularly be taught a lesson by their man who knows best. The woman’s job is not to know things but to be pretty and to take care of the children while the men work. Men were the ones who worked and the ones who ruled the world making all the important decisions but that is exactly why the world has gone to hell. Just because a man is more powerful because of posture and way of speaking does not mean that he is the one who should call the shots, but that is how it was, or still is in some cases. Though we like to think that the world is different, changing is hard and breaking the mould is even harder.

Comments

Popular Posts